- All shipments inspected by Customs
- If arriving from outside EC, customer must have been abroad for twelve continuous months
- Used household goods, personal effects and tools/instruments of trade/profession duty-free if owned abroad for at least six months, are not for resale within twelve months of importation and are imported within twelve months before or after the date of transfer of residence (six months before or twelve months after for those coming from outside the EC)
- Transfer of Residence Form
- Additional Irish Customs Form CU56
- Proof of transfer of residence (electric/telephone bills, lease, purchase or rental agreement)
- Work Permit
- Proof of employment in Ireland
- Irish Customs Form-Notice 1076
- Inventory (two copies) in English with same signature of customer as on Form 1076
- Guns, weapons, explosives or ammunition of any kind - unless license obtained from Department of Justice
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic material
- Agricultural goods (plants, plant products, hay, straw, peat moss, etc.)
- Meat products and fresh foods
- New items (less than six months old)
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Maker's name, percentage proof and amount must be listed
- Gold and silver (Statutory Declaration required)
- Dogs and cats require Import License, proof of inoculation, and six months quarantine
- Cars, trailers, etc. may be entered duty-free if owned six months prior to importation
- Autos may not be sold, lent out or disposed of within twelve months of importation
- Documents required:
- Registration book
- Purchase Invoice
- Insurance Certificate (most recent and one dated more than 6 months ago)
- Customs Form 1076
- Original vehicle documents showing owner's name, engine and chassis number
NOTE: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Document and Form Downloads:
Which state are you moving from?