- Importation of Diplomat's household goods is free of duty/tax. Articles not to be sold for three years from the date of Customs clearance
- Used household goods and personal effects may be duty-free if:
- Eligible foreigner taking up residence for more than six months or returning Polish citizen has been abroad for more than 12 months
- Items are re-exported (Foreigners only). In case of non re-exportation the Customer must pay duty/tax or Customs may draw from the Bank Guarantee.
- Generally Customer's presence is not required at Customs clearance in poland
- Clearance in Poland must be carried our within 20 up to maximum 27 days of shipments arrical
- Most shipments are inspected
- If there is an air and surface shipment, both inventories must be declared at initial clearance (returning Polish citizen and Diplomats only).
- Importation of returning Polish citizen household goods is duty/tax free with proper Certificate from the Polish Consulate at origin. Articles not to be sold for two years from the date of Customs clearance
- Passport (copy with relevant pages including most recent entry stamp- for Customs clearance of personal effects as unaccompanied luggage by air, or including working visa - for Customs clearance of household goods by air or surface.)
- Work Permit (original)
- Work Certificate in Polish, from the employer in Poland, outlining the position from beginning to end of employment. Also must confirm the legal status of the shipper.
- A numbered and "valued inventory", in Polish prepared by returning Polish citizen to be submitted after arrival in Poland
- Copy of companies registration documents (updated and notarized)
- Three copies of the inventory (descriptive, showing contents of cartons, PBO - "Packed by Owner" not acceptable)
- A numbered and "valued inventory", in Polish. If customer prepared a valued insurance inventory this should also be faxed in advance (Foreigner)
- Inventory must detail all electrical items with brand name and serial number. Pre-1945 items and any artwork must be clearly marked on inventory and photos of those items must be supplied in duplicate for Customs processing.
- Above items need to be loaded close to container doors for easy access.
- A Bank Guarantee as the security for duty and VAT as calculated on the declared value of the possessions (Foreigners only except Diplomats)
- Certificate of Residence in Poland (Zameldowanie) is required for both foreigner and returning Polish citizen
- Customs clearance Power of Attorney in Polish in the name of the destination agent, signed by the Customer (air shipment). In case of surface shipment the Power of Attorney must be notarized (in Poland).
- A statement must accompany the inventory indicating that all items are the property of the Customer and all of them were used during stay abroad. Inventory must be signed by owner.
- Letter from Embassy and Certificate from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at destination requesting clearance of the shipment and confirming the legal status of the customer (Diplomats)
- Firearms, weapons, and ammunition are prohibited
- Hunting weapons require a permit obtained through membership of hunting lodges in Poland. For details contact the Polish Consulate at origin
- Pornographic material
- Explosives are prohibited
- Narcotics, drugs
- Drugs in reasonable amounts for personal use are free of duty/tax. For prescription drugs the owner is required to produce current prescription from doctor at origin
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Goods in commercial quantities
- New items (returning Polish citizens only)
- Load near container doors for easy access
- Plants (Phytosanitary Certificate is required)
- One of each item generally permitted duty-free (returning Polish citizens only - as listed in Customs Regulations)
- Foodstuff (in reasonable quantities for personal consumption)
- Items protected due to their artistic, historical or scientific value such as antiques and paintings must be noted on inventory, must provide Customs Office with two photos, stowed and loaded near container doors for easy access to facilitate future re-export
- Health Certificate issued by a competent veterinarian ( 10 days prior to arrival) at origin in English or abroad.
- Rabies vaccination certificate at least 30 days prior to departure and no more than 9 months old.
- Duty and tax free if Customer is foreign and taking up residence for more than six months or Customer is a returning Polish citizen and has been abroad for more than a year
- Returning Polish citizen may bring only used car (at least 1 month) but it must be registered in USA before the Customer obtains a Certificate from the Polish Consulate.
- Documents required:
- Certificate of origin
- Original Title or Registration. The vehicle must be registered in the name of the current owner
- Drivers License
- International Insurance Policy (Green Card)
- Car model, year, registration and chassis number should be indicated on the inventory
- Original Bill of Sale required for new autos. If used or second-hand, value declaration signed by owner.
- Foreigner may import to Poland brand new or used car
NOTE: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Which state are you moving from?