- Used household goods and personal effects permitted for import if for customer's own use
- Household goods must arrive within two months before or six months after the customer's passport is stamped for entry into Turkey
- ANY CUSTOMER WHO IS A TURKISH CITIZEN MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Customers that hold a Turkish Passport must have lived abroad for a continuous period in excess of two years in order to import items free of duty that were acquired outside of Turkey
- Passport for customer and dependents (with valid entry stamp)
- Residence Visa
- Residence Permit
- Inventory (showing brand name and serial numbers of electrical appliances)
- Letter of Guarantee issued by customer's Turkish employer
- Letter authorizing destination agent to clear shipment
- Work Permit
- Application Letter
- Weapons and ammunition
- Narcotics and drugs
- Used appliances, electronics, etc. should not be packed in original cartons, or they will be considered new
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products
- Electrical goods should be compatible with the number of family members in the household
- Fax machines and telecommunication equipment are restricted
- Duplicate electrical items are dutiable
- Health Certificate required
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE OF ANY VEHICLE
- A non-Turkish National may avoid taxes and import duty when importing a vehicle in Turkey if a Letter of Guarantee is provided
- Vehicle must arrive within three months before or three months after customer's passport is stamped for entry into Turkey
- Turkish citizens must obtain a labor permit for importation of a motor vehicle
- New vehicles are relatively problem free, but there are restrictions on vehicles over three years old
- If vehicle is included in container with household goods, household goods will not be released until vehicle is cleared
- No minibuses allowed
- Documents required:
- "Carnet de Passage"
- Owner's Passport
- Residence Permit
- Purchase Invoice
- Black Book (motor and chassis number)
- Letter of Guarantee from Customer
NOTE: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Document and Form Downloads:
Which state are you moving from?