- Shipments must arrive within 90 days of Customer
- Non permanent residents may be required to make bank guarantee deposit, refundable when shipment leaves country
- Used household goods and personal effects, showing evidence of use, may be duty-free, if owner has lived abroad and owned the items for at least two years, and Customer has a permanent residence
- Itemized inventory in Spanish, legalized by the Uruguayan Consulate at origin
- Foreigners require a resident visa issued by the Uruguayan Consulate at origin, stamped in the Customer's passport, or a Certificate of Permanent Residence granted by the Migration Office in Uruguay
- If above documents are not provided, and Customer is not a permanent resident in Uruguay, Customer will have to deposit a bank guarantee letter, the value of the shipment in cash, or provide a guarantee from his employer. The guarantee is to be returned once the shipment leaves the country or the Customer has obtained a permanent residence.
- A Certificate of Residence, issued by the consulate at origin, stating that the Customer has lived abroad for a minimum period of two years is required for returning Uruguayan citizens
- Bank guarantee letter
- Weapons and ammunition (only sport guns allowed) permit from Ministry of Defense required
- Plants need a Health Certificate
- Pornographic or subversive materials
- New electrical appliances
- New household goods subject to duties and value added tax
- Electrical appliances
- Only one of each allowed, except for TV sets
- Bicycles allowed only as part of a household goods shipment
- Works of art and antiques
- Wedding gifts require packing list and a visaed marriage certificate
- Inherited goods require packing list, visaed proof of estate of inheritance, and visaed Death Certificate
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Jewelry and coins
- Health and Vaccination Certificates required
NOTE: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Which state are you moving from?