- THE OWNER OF THE GOODS MUST BE IN SAUDI ARABIA AT THE TIME OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Import of consolidation or groupage shipments are not allowed; heavy penalties will be imposed for violations
- Shipments are valued locally and rates vary depending on the item
- Containers and trailers must have a comprehensive packing list of all contents (in a water-proof envelope) taped to the rear door. (List should show customer's full name and address.) Failure to comply will result in heavy fines.
- All shipments are inspected and subject to duty, including used household goods and personal effects
- "Make Mark" information: All goods imported into the country must show the country of origin; i.e. "made in USA", "made in Japan", etc.
- This mark must tally with the legalized documents presented to Customs for clearance of the goods
- Failure to comply with this regulation will prohibit entry of the goods
- Shipments arriving in Saudi Arabia without a comprehensive packing list are subject to unloading and full tally at port of discharge
- Valid Saudi driver's license required for registration
- Passport (copy) with entry visa
- ALL DOCUMENTS MUST show customer's name EXACTLY as it appears on passport. DO NOT use initials or abbreviations for companies (Saudi Government will not accept these invalidating documents)
- Residence Permit and Work Permit
- Original valued inventory for Customs purposes
- Keys for any locked items for customs inspection
- Proof of Employment legalized by Saudi Chamber of Commerce or a Saudi Government Agency
- Certificate of Health, stating customer does not have AIDS
- Inventory, original with description of contents of cartons (PBO - "packed by owner", CU - "contents unknown" and MISC. - "miscellaneous", not acceptable) and purchase receipts for major household good items
- Documents for surface shipments must be received at destination a minimum of seven days prior to arrival of vessel
- Letter of Undertaking authorizing destination agent to perform Customs clearance
- Certificate of Origin (for new items), itemized, with price for each article. (Inventory and Certificate of Origin MUST be legalized by the Saudi Embassy or Consulate and translated into Arabic)
- Certificate of Insurance, if applicable
- SASO Certificate of Conformity for all electrical items imported into the country
- Alcohol-containing items, flavoring extracts, cooking wines, wine making kits, books on manufacturing of such drinks or any foods with alcohol, etc.
- Military uniforms or equipment of any kind
- Binoculars or telescopic equipment
- All types of statues
- Objects of human or animal form (statues, figurines, carvings, etc.)
- Games of chance (chess, dice, backgammon, etc.)
- All weapons and firearms (real or ornamental), including guns, ammunition, fireworks, spears and other edged weapons, etc. (owner subject to investigation, fines, and/or imprisonment)
- Such items will be removed from all incoming shipments at the time of Customs clearance and sent to the Ministry of Information for review
- Once censorship has been completed, a separate delivery will be made at an additional charge to the customer
- All kinds of medicines
- Medicine MUST be accompanied by doctor's prescription and is to be for personal use only
- Radio transmitter/communication equipment (including walkie-talkies, short-wave, VHF, marine, police band equipment, etc.)
- Christmas trees/decorations or any other items (BIBLES) associated with religions other than the Muslim faith
- Cartons containing these articles should be clearly labeled as to contents and must not be mixed with other items
- Any restricted or prohibited items in shipment will cause delays, may be subject to confiscation and may cause possible fines or penalties to customer's account.
- Pornographic material and literature including fashion magazines with people wearing undergarments or swimsuits
- Politically sensitive material
- All foodstuff
- Stuffed animals
- Articles contrary to Muslim or Saudi Arabian beliefs or morality will not be allowed into the country
- Other miscellaneous items (blueprints and designs, artificial pearls, etc.)
- *ALL PRINTED MATTER, BOOKS, PICTURES, RECORDS, FILMS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND DISKETTES, ETC. ARE SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS AND CLEARLY MARKED ON THE INVENTORY)
- New items (less than six months old) or items not showing obvious signs of use (do not pack in manufacturer's cartons)
- Above items should be loaded near container doors for easy access by Customs
- A reasonable quantity of wine and spirits in a household goods import equivalent to the contents of a normal domestic wine rack and cocktail cabinet
- Electrical appliances and electronic items must be shown on the inventory with make, serial number, etc.
- Tobacco products
- Vaccination certificates, health certificate and quarantined in a IATA approved kennel
- Shipments with vehicles in containers are not allowed in Saudi Arabia
- Shippers name should match on all documents (i.e. passport, shipping documents and vehicle ownership)
- One car allowed per family and must be in accordance with Saudi Arabian standards
- Vehicles of model year 1974 or older cannot be imported
- Many other restrictions apply to cars of foreign residents
- The following information must be furnished to the steamship company for all autos going to Saudi Arabia: make, model, year, color, engine and chassis number, license and serial number, weight, dimensions of auto with bumpers, owner's address at origin, date car was last registered in the U.S., Customer's destination address, including phone contact overseas
- Auto must be registered as soon after clearance as possible
- Documents required:
- Proof of Ownership (Title)
- SASO Certificate
- Legalized Purchase Invoice and Certificate of Origin
- Proof of insurance
- For used cars, Certificate from Interpol, or origin traffic police, showing there is no police case against car
- Copy of Passport and Residence Permit (IQAMA)
- Letter of Saudi sponsor
- Letter of Authorization from consignee to clear car
- Customs Fee Declaration
- Landing Authorization
NOTE: Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers.
Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance.
Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Which state are you moving from?